Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo sends notifications, but won't record

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sandm
Aspirant
Aspirant

Received notifications MULTIPLE Times via APP on Smart Phone from one camera.  No recordings from ANY of the three.   Set in Away Mode.  Rules on ALL cameras say RECORD VIDEO ON MOTION.  Nothing records.  This has been going on for TWO days.  Library shows NO RECORDINGS. 

One Camera on TEST mode, blinks to show that it sees me, but only when I'm right on top of it which doesn't help since I have it "zoomed to a different area".  Both my husband and I left from the driveway this morning..  Our "live" feed shows that the vehicles were there yesterday.  Today - no notifications that we left although the camera "live" shows that the cars are now gone.  If it won't record that we left from the driveway even after re-arming it 30 minutes before we left, then what good is this system? 

Seriously thinking about getting the Canary.  Even though it requires power, at least it works well (personal experience on someone elses account) and has audio.

Why is this system not working?  For the price, it should be working EACH AND EVERY TIME. It used to work OK, but now all it does is send me notifications that "motion is detected".   

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

What are your firmware versions for base and cameras?
What are your up and down speeds on speedtest.net?

sandm
Aspirant
Aspirant

1.2.2688   There is no "UPDATE Firmware" option

Hardware VMC3030

Speed is AT&T Snail pace.  Can't afford to upgrade to fiberoptics.  It has slowed down significantly in the past year.  We have only two options...AT&T or Spectrum (Charter) and they can't guarantee any faster speed because of our location on a hillside of sorts.  Any other recommendations (besides getting new wi-fi)?

Ping 54 MS  Download 1.32 Mbps  Upload 0.27 Mpbs

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Netgear do specify a minimum 1Mbps upload speed. I think you'll struggle with such slow speeds for a cloud based system

Gapgrin
Aspirant
Aspirant
There was a system update tonight, maybe they had to address a bug because I was having the same thing happen today as was someone I know. Usually it's very reliable.