Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo rechargeable batteries will not charge

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Daniel1983
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the energy rechargeable battery charger and it's not charging my batteries. It worked twice and now the lights will not come on in the battery will not charge. I've tried plugging it into different outlets and it still will not work. Can anybody help?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do the batteries charge in the camera?  If so, it's a faulty charger.  Swap at the store or open a case with support here.

Daniel1983
Aspirant
Aspirant

No the battery is charging a 4-bay battery charger, not in the camera. I called customer support and they told me it's been over 30 days since my purchase so they cannot replace it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sounds like this is NOT for the Pro camera which is what  this section is for.

If you have a problem with batteries and/or charger for the original wireless camera, you need to go through either the store (you're past the exchange time so no luck) or the manufacturer's warranty. Arlo/Netgear has nothing to do with it.

Daniel1983
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay I understand. I apologize for my lack of knowledge or knowing which category selection to put my question. This is the first time I've been able to post anything onto one of these community places. I appreciate your input

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If your talking about the approved Tenergy 4 cell charger and 3.7v li-ion 123 cells;

Since non of the chargers LEDs light... make sure AC plug adapter is functional.  The adapter is 12dc center positive @ 1a so many 12 adapters will work for a test to see if when plugged in the leds light up ( no cells in charger )

If a diff adapter doesn't light up the leds, then the charger itself is prob faulty.

Also try the company itself if able, they may warranty more than 30 days

Customer Service
Email: service@tenergy.com

You can find many quality chargers that will handle the cells you have , just make sure they will work for the 3.7v li-ion cells

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------