Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo receiving severe latency with no recordings and not getting particular notification sound

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JewelBug
Follower
Follower

I have to agree with a lot of these posts, In that something that should be simple, is not.  I too believe some update is causing my system to be funky!  I bought a semi affordable system only to have 2 camera stolen off the house.  Now, since buying 2 Arlo Pro camera and trying to get things working,  I get severe latency, I don't get recordings on - 2 cameras, 1 Pro and 1 Arlo.  I constantly get audio "notification" so I have moved the chimes, I used to be able to set a particular notification sound, now I get a "text" message notice.  Why?

I read about "how to" use one as a trigger and one as a recorder, but I don't understand how to fix this.  I also can't figure out how to add new modes, something that when I am home that records at night.

I now have spent a ton of money to "secure" my camera, only to have them "record" audio of birds chirping and my chimes ringing.

HELP!  Can someone please tell me where to find "easy" step by step instructions.  I am NOT a technically challenged person.  But this is seriously frustrating.  My relatively inexpensive $250 4 cam system is now a $600 frustrating melody recorder. 

I had 2 people come to the house and 2 of my 3 outdoor camera's that should have caught them did not.  Why!?  I don't know where to start.

Thank you!!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Latency - there are usually two potential issues here, 1) signal strength/quality between the base and cameras and 2) upload speeds through your ISP. Move the cameras close to the base and see if the latency improves and also check all parameters of your Internet connection using speedtest.net. What's your upload and download speeds as well as the latency measure?

Audio - do you need/want audio detection or just motion? All settings are in your modes and rules - read the FAQs here on how to change sensitivity and other settings as well as how to create custom modes so you have complete control. The default Armed mode is more of a way to get you going as well as a troubleshooting tool. DIsabling audio detection or lowerting its sensitivity will likely help. I have trains in my backyard - audio detection is useless.

Motion detection - again those FAQs will help, especially theone about best positioning practices. You may need to adjust sensitivity, too. A flaw many folks start out with is trying to get too much view from their cameras - just focus on the areas of real interest and understand that people detection is only out to ~20 feet. Post screenshots of the various camera views for suggestions.

The FAQs are found by clicking on the Support link at the top here and choosing your model camerra.