Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mountaindewbass
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

Im new to the Arlo and im quite satisfied with it.  Im assuming poor battery life for this first go around because of how often i check in on my cameras.  Recently i have been noticing that all of my camera's are offline(2 cameras) and in order to get it back i have to reset the hub via the app.  i am running the most recent firmware for the base and the cameras...but still disconnecting every 30 minutes to 1 hour. 

It looks like this is an area for improvement after the most recent firmware upgrade and im sure Netgear is working on it(fingers crossed) but is there a port that i can assign to Arlo in order for it to have a dedicated reliable IP address.  Im wondering about static IP even.

Thanks,

tyler

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The address for the base station would be assigned by your router's DHCP server. I use static IP addresses via the DHCP server (basically just assign a static address to the MAC address) for a few devices. I haven't had a problem with not assigning an address to the base but it's certainly doable and easy enough.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I used the normal dynamic ip adress during setup... can say I don't think Arlo base has dropped out since I started it up back in October.

( only when i screwwed things up a few times ).

Is it possible you have a glichly router?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mountaindewbass
Apprentice
Apprentice
Glitchy router is possible. Sometimes my internet will drop out and I have to unplug it and replig it back in to get fast speeds
apulaski717
Initiate
Initiate
Any update on this? Have you replaced the router? Did it solve the problem?