Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo, please tell us your software processes are improved for 2020?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 In Conversation
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo - iOS 13.3.1 beta is in the wild.  Don't want to have to treat a big listed company like a undergraduate IT student but PLEASE tell is testing is well underway!  You should have been testing it for a couple of weeks now.  PREPARE!  Don't again wait for release then scramble to fix like last time.  You sell you products as "security systems" that offer "true piece of mind" - those claims are down right lying when the system breaks for weeks/months on end due to your historically woeful development practices.  

While geofencing does currently work (for me, many others not) Arlo still need to be held to task given their horrendous track record with breaking their app every update (both Arlo app and iOS).  Also FYI, while I say geofencing is working the app still needs to be opened around once per week to keep it working on all registered devices.

1 REPLY 1
jpottaway
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo - iOS 13.3.1 beta is in the wild.  Don't want to have to treat a big listed company like a undergraduate IT student but PLEASE tell is testing is well underway!  You should have been testing it for a couple of weeks now.  PREPARE!  Don't again wait for release then scramble to fix like last time.  You sell you products as "security systems" that offer "true piece of mind" - those claims are down right lying when the system breaks for weeks/months on end due to your historically woeful development practices.  

While geofencing does currently work (for me, many others not) Arlo still need to be held to task given their horrendous track record with breaking their app every update (both Arlo app and iOS).  Also FYI, while I say geofencing is working the app still needs to be opened around once per week to keep it working on all registered devices.