Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

This system is still buggy. I got the new system with new base. My Regular arlo cameras keep timing out or going offline at night. One arlo pro did too but only once that I can tell. This security does me no good at night as I can't trust that the original cameras will stay online. And yes I have changed the batteries , Re-sync the cameras, and moved them around. Removed them and added them back. Everything that is suggested to do. Don't know if its a firmware problem or the whole system is just not ready for a security camera. For the money I have spent I could have gotten a top notched system installed. Which is what I may have to end up doing. 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be the base... you hav two bases?   swap some of the cameras over to the Pro base and see if it continues.

Not usu for the cameras to be dropping out so much...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

I already put all cameras on the new base. I think its a capatability issue. They say all cameras will work with the base . These are becoming unrealible. Shouldnt be having all this trouble with a security camera.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Both cameras do work with either base...don't think that's your issue.

I right now have 10 cameras running on the older Arlo base ( both Arlo and Pro ) and haven't ssen any problems...

Don't forget, there is more in the chain than the base and cameras , and/or each setup may have interference or other problems going on.

If it's that wacky, then all i can say is a full reset, start over from scratch...

Morse is faster than texting!
jkmail
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the Base beside a monitor and the modem is about a foot from that. I'll move the base further away to see if maybe that was messing it up. Don't know but I'll try anything at this point.