Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was away on vacation last week and Arlo stopped recording. People were coming and going on the property, feeding cats, mowing lawn and nothing triggered motion. I am still unable to get Arlo to detect motion. The cameras are on and I can see and record from my phone.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First thing to do is go to the live view screen and verify the "motion detect" icon is Black ( means on )

If they are black then try a reboot of the base...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no little man! I turned off base unit and removed all cameras. Turned on base unit and confirmed all updates have occurred. I added one camera and have done everything to try to get it to detect motion and nothing happens. I can view and record from my phone. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@nothyme wrote:

There is no little man! I turned off base unit and removed all cameras. Turned on base unit and confirmed all updates have occurred. I added one camera and have done everything to try to get it to detect motion and nothing happens. I can view and record from my phone. 

Are the motion icons grayed out or missing completely ?

nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant

No motion icons!!! 

Mattq
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought the system 2 days ago and am dealing with this also worked fine first day. Now no motion detection and icons are greed out. I have restarted everything.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would verify on another browser ( https://arlo.netgear.com ) or use another devcie that the icons are not there.

If using a phone I would un-install the app and reinstall

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The motion icons are either a running man (web) or a small ball and 3 horizontal lines (app).

nothyme
Aspirant
Aspirant

Strange... I could see that the cameras were on, see the view and record. However, the base station said it was disarmed. So I changed the setting and everything works.  However, when the base station is disarmed you should not be able to see anything. It was showing it as armed when I checked this past week. Confusing.