Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo not recording motion detection any other time. Tried checking battery and firmware.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Mindygirltoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Model # on box says VMS3330W. I have set up 2 cameras, and can see them in the live view, but for some reason the motion detection is not working any other time. I have come and gone from the house several times since installed and nothing records. I have double checked all settings in the app, made sure batteries were installed correctly, and firmware was all updated.

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this a new install?  Have you checked that the base station is armed?

Murba
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  I had to replace my base station and it shows ARMED and I can take Live shots on the cameras, but there is no Motion Detection Options except for the Test??

Mindygirltoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I have checked the base station. It says armed, and as the other person stated I can record motion tests, but no other recordings, when there should have been.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Murba,

Could you clarify on what you mean you don't have "Motion Detection Options"? Have you tried the "Motion Detection Test" to see if the motion detection is working properly?

Hey Mindygirltoo,

While the Base Station is armed, make sure that your motion detection is showing black to be sure your motion detection is enabled. Feel free to read about the "motion detection icon" here: What do the icons in the Arlo app mean?

Also try to increase the motion detection sensitivity to see if that helps. You can read here to learn how to adjust: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

Mindygirltoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica -

I can do the motion detection test just fine, but again it is aimed at my front door which I go in and out of 3 times a day and not once has it registered.

Motion Icon: black
Motion sensitivity set to highest
Smart Subscription Status: Paid/Active
The only option not subscribed to is CVR plan, but it won’t allow me to select any options

Are there any frequency issues that it might be conflicting with? It is sitting on top of the WiFi router, but there is only one router, not multiple.
Murba
Aspirant
Aspirant

It looks like cycling power to the base station worked 😁

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As a side note...

No it should not be place on top of the router...  can cause interference. Should be a min of a few ft +

Also, they don't detect thru glass ( no mention but just in case )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------