Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo non rechargeable system.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bprice46
Initiate
Initiate

I had bought the regular Arlo camera system with three cameras. The lag time in the motion detection was unacctable. I had set to 100 precent and the motion lag time was still 3 or 4 seconds which missed several incidents that did not get recorded. The other issues was no matter what setting I had the cameras on the battery life was terrible. It would last maybe a month. The 123 batteries are not cheap. It was going to cost more in batteries then I paid for the system. I tried recharable batteries with no luck. The frist version of Arlo was a fail. I returned the whole system. I liked it was wire free easy to install the picture quality was great and the app was great. My question is before I buy another system is the Arlo pro any better? Is there still a 3 or 4 second lag time in the motion detection. And how good are the recharable batteries in the cameras. I expected way more of a better survalance system for the price. I paid over 400.00 dollars. I expected more from a company like Netgear. So i just want to know befoe I buy and take the time to set this up again is the Arlo pro a better product then it's little brother arlo. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bprice46,

Battery life (For the original and pro Wire-free cameras) is 4-6 months under normal usage. There could have been environmental conditions, such as WiFi interference causing the issues described. What was the WiFi signal like on your cameras?

JamesC