Arlo mobile app multiple accounts or profiles

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Jtjtjt
Initiate
Initiate

Need ability to switch profiles within Arlo mobile app.

Situation:

1 Arlo system at home (I own) with complex randomly generated password. Personal email address.

1 Arlo system at work (company owned) with complex random generated password. Company email address. 

Obviously company doesn't want me to use personal email and I don't want to use company email for personal. 

In the Arlo mobile app, I must log out of my account to access the company account. Then I have to open my password keeper and enter the random password each login. Not convenient at all. 

The Arlo mobile app really needs the ability to switch profiles/accounts without logout or password re-entry.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I does - it's called Grant Access found in Settings.  On one system grant access to your other email address, selecting the cameras desired and admin privileges as needed. Once the invitation email responses have been made successfully, you can log into that account that was invited and see all cameras.  It's not the same as logging into the master account but most things other than settings are available.

Jtjtjt
Initiate
Initiate

That does work for personally owned devices.

It doesn't solve the need for multiple profiles in the Mobile App.

It's really an issue with separation from work resources. Due to security policy, I can't grant my personal Arlo account access to the work Arlo. In reverse, policy is still violated AND my business account would have access to my personal home cameras (i.e. spouse, children, etc.). Neither are acceptable.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This would be a great topic for the Arlo Idea Exchange. The Arlo development team routinely reviews these posts for ideas on how to improve and introduce new features to the Arlo system.

I encourage you to post there so others can offer input to the discussion and support your idea by adding Kudos.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC