Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo missing events

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
GDean
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera did not  record my leaving house in my car nor my husband returning home in his truck. Two big events that it missed. Camera captured UPS truck, and other events just not these two. 

Firmware 1.092.0.8_17203

Hardware H8

Base unit firm ware 1.9.8.0_16666

Hardware VMB4000r3

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bengel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for sharing - I think that's my next step (to do a full reset and re-sync)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

With the Arlo cameras a number of things are important.... location/placement and sense level.

It may take a bit of time to dial these in correctly. Check the FAQs for proper placement and how to edit sense levels.

Also, there is a short time on the cameras from a trigger event to a reset ( for motion ) ...is it possible that the events happen right after a trigger event.?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
GDean
Aspirant
Aspirant

We’ve had Arlo since Christmas and it’s been dialed in well capturing all events to my knowledge. The only reason I know these events were not captured is because I created one of them. My husband came home 30” after UPS truck so doubtful. They were capturing well until I recharged battery but that shouldn’t have anything to do with it right? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Changing batteries shouldn't be the cause. Have you restarted the base? Try a few tests to see what happens.

GDean
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok I’ll reset and monitor the camera. Thank you for suggestions 

GDean
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have reset all the cameras on off and rebooted the base unit. The cameras work in live mode and I am playing fetch with my dog and nothing is recording or alarming as motion by this camera. Could the update on 4/27 done something.? It was working so well until this week. I even saw a mouse at 2am while we were away on vacation last week!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You mention the cameras' on/off - are they on now? Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray? Gray means disarmed. Veirfy that the Armed mode (or the appropriate custom mode if you have created some) is selected.

bengel
Aspirant
Aspirant

This sounds very similar to my situation - and I can't find any others with the exact same issue.
Two days ago (May 2nd), our 2-camera Arlo Pro setup stopped responding to motion.
Both cameras have been perfectly operational for 10 months - through a cold winter and all. They are both plugged in (protected from the elements).
I can view both cameras live without trouble. When motion is in front of the camera, the orange LED on the front flashes - as if it's in "motion detect setup mode". I reset the base and unplugged/replugged both - worked for about 6-hours then stopped. Reset again. Worked - for about 5 hours.

This morning I merely unplugged and replugged both cameras - and once again, they began working. One has continued to work. The other quit after a couple hours. I unplugged it - and the moment I did, it began working. I've left it unplugged.

During all of this - I notice the batteries charge to 100% - and shortly after the cameras quit working - and the battery drains. One drained to 89% in 6 hours, the other was down to 63% in 6-hours.
It seems to me there is an issue with the charging - that when it hits 100% while plugged in, that the firmware tells the battery to stop charging - and something else locks it into "test" mode or whatever it may be - allowing live view, but not motion activated recording.
I can't find a list of recent firmware updates but wonder if it has something to do with a bad update. Since this started going on with TWO cameras, it seems to be camera firmware related - unless the base is messed up and giving bad commands to the cameras once charged.

The one thing I have not done is delete and add back the cameras.

Yes - both cameras are using the original Arlo charger.

GDean
Aspirant
Aspirant
I called Arlo and she had me reboot the base unit, take battery out or the camera for 10 seconds and replace and resync to base unit. Then she had me increase motion sensitivity from 80% to 100% - so far it’s worked - hopefully it remains working
bengel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for sharing - I think that's my next step (to do a full reset and re-sync)

GDean
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue appears to be resolved now. Thanks for all the help.