Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo loss of sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Range
Follower
Follower
Has anyone else's Arlo cameras recently became much less sensitive to motion? I've raised the percentage and then it is seeming to trigger to absolutely nothing all the time. Strange as it's all three cameras and they haven't given me any problems at all in almost a year.
3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It would be strange that hardware would effect all 3 cams at the same time....

simple thing to try is power button reboot the base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
throws1
Tutor
Tutor

My camera just started doing that last night. They have been working fine for months. It is also occurring today in the daylight. I just tried to increase the sensativity. I have removed and replaced batteries (both are greater than 40%, did not re-charge because if they fail at less than 50%, the battery meter is useless). Rebooted the base station. Re-synced the cameras. They are still less sensative. What a pain to take these cameras up and down. If this continues I will be taking these cameras back to the store and getting a hard-wired system. It sucks for this to be discovered at 10 pm. I do not want to be doing this at night.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

surprised your batteries fail at 50$.  I use Tenergy and Nitecore rechargeables and often don't recharge at 15-25%