Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo keeps turning off and activation zone keeps failing

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
T33KS
Tutor
Tutor
Hi all,
My last remaining Arlo camera keeps on turning itself off despite having over 90% battery and when I reset everything to turn back on (setting up subscription and activity zones) the camera keeps on triggering to record with absolutely everything. I’ve been trying to find a fix for it for ages now to no avail. My 2 other camera has gone the same way and now they don’t work at all. Conveniently they are out of warranty and the 3rd camera is now out of warranty when it started playing up. I feel like I’ve wasted my money on these junk. Has anyone come across this problem? I’d like to hear a solution before I take a sledge hammer to it all and call it quits.
Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @T33KS

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you performed with the cameras? Did you remove them from your settings > my devices and re-add?

T33KS
Tutor
Tutor
So far, I have turned the camera (battery out) and base station off, also restarting the base station, removing the camera from base station and reconnecting.
Also restarted the subscription and reactivated the activity zone.
And yet the camera turns out sometimes and when it comes back on it records absolutely everything despite the activity zones being set up. Which in turn I get over 100 notification and it’s extremely irritating.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity for the camera with the issue?

T33KS
Tutor
Tutor
Not on this camera but on previous 2 (that ceased functioning) I turned the sensitivity right down and still kept on triggering. It seemed as if there was a flash or the very beginning of the video was extremely bright then goes back to normal brightness. In some occasion the videos literally records one after the other so I doubt there’s a flash bright enough to trigger the camera during the day every 10 seconds.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support