Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo keeps disconnecting from network

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Rwx99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently switched my modem and router to one unit.  I use CenturyLink as my ISP.  I upgraded my setup from using a modem and router to a unit the does both.  It's the Netgear Nighthawk D7000 that I'm using now.

That said now my Arlo cams, which were working fine with my old wifi setup, keep disconnecting from the hub.  I pull up the Netgear genie and I can see that the hub is connected.  I tried orbilogin.com, orbilogin.net and I get the perverbial "You are not connected to your Orbi's WiFi network" error.  I even tried arlo.netgear.com and when it tries to detect the cams it says " Your Base Station could not be discovered.". While I do have 2.4 and 5 set up that way it shouldn't matter.  Both are still on the same network.

What gives?  Today I had a package delivered and it's not there so I'm assuming the worse.  I went to my cams and nothing was recorded because once again they were offline.

I don't get it.  My PC is on the same network as my arlo cams and both are using ethernet cables yet I can't access the cams.  It's like the two are on two different networks. While I do have 2.4 and 5 set up that way it shouldn't matter.  Both are still on the same network.

I've unplugged the hub and plugged it back in and it comes back online.  However, it won't be long before it disconnects again.  I would think my cams and modem/router are the same brand that they would play nice.  Not so from what I'm seeing so far.

If it is in fact a band issue then how do I go about changing that without having to reset the hub and lose all my settings?

Very frustrated right now.

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Can you confirm that all 3 green lights are always on on the base, even when the cameras are not accessible?

Once set up you do not need to be on the same network for the base to be discovered, it looks like it's losing connectivity with the D7000.

Could there be an access rue on the D7000 blocking the mac address of the Arlo base?

Rwx99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, all 3 green lights are on.

Here's my question after thinking about this for a bit.

Initially when I did the set up for the cameras I set them up using the IP subnet of 1 instead of 0 on my old network set up.  So, for instance the IP addy for the cameras on my old network set up was 192.168.1.10.  Now it is 192.168.0.10 with my new network set up.  At least that's what my netgear genie is saying my cams are assigned with now.  

So, is it safe to say that when I did my original set up using my old network and ip management my cam hub is "stuck" using the old subnet of 1 and is why I'm having disconnection issues??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Shouldn't be an issue. The base uses DHCP to gain an IP address which is all that's needed to access the Internet if the router doesn't have an issue. Try powering down both the base and modem/router. Start up the modem/router and let it initialize. Start the base and see what happens.

Rwx99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did just that as well but this morning I can't access my cameras via my mobile device.  It says "Your Arlo device appears offline".  When I pull up Netgear genie to access my D7000 it shows that the Arlo hub is wired to the modem.

genie.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing? What difference do you see when trying both the app and a browser?