Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
mike406
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve noticed after a week or two the Arlo iOS app automatically signs me out without any warning or notifications. This is BAD! I was on a vacation trip and decided to check my Arlo app on the 2nd day and it told me I needed to log in again. Because the app signed me out that means geolocation never armed and activated my motion detection. I may as well have had the cameras turned off for those two days. This is bad design. The app needs to warn the user when it is signing them out automatically.

Never leave your home without checking the app first if you use geolocation to arm your cameras. I don’t think anyone in the company uses their own product because this is a glaring security flaw.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mike406 wrote:
I’ve noticed after a week or two the Arlo app automatically signs me out without any warning or notifications.

Did you log in from another device (for instance a PC)?  Arlo only allows one log in at a time, and it will log you out automatically when you log in from somewhere else.

The workaround for that is to set up another account, and grant it "friend" access. https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

mike406
Apprentice
Apprentice
I only log in through my phone with the mobile app
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mike406 wrote:
I only log in through my phone with the mobile app

Ok.  I haven't seen unexpected log-outs myself (but I don't use geofencing, so I might not notice it).

lukedevlin
Initiate
Initiate

We have 7 Arlo cameras (Essential and Pro 2) and both my partner and I use the Arlo iPhone App. We use the Geofencing function and have our alarm automatically set when we leave home. This function works great most of the time, however, our iPhone Arlo Apps log out automatically every week or so. When this happens, Geofencing is no longer active and therefore our home alarm does not automatically set. Is there any ability to override this automatic log-out function? I am sure it is a security feature in case someone loses their phone however it will cause a much bigger issue if Geofencing is not working when we are out.

Brixia67
Guide
Guide
Hi,
I have the same problems with Geofancing, it doesn’t work correctly on all devices and all cams, two are ok and two are not.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're having problems with your Geofencing not working properly, try looking at this article for troubleshooting steps you can take to improve performance for Geofencing: Why isn't the Geofencing mode working?

And if you're seeing that you're getting logged out from the app, try rebooting your phone device and/or reinstall the app to see if that helps.

If you're still having problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

mike406
Apprentice
Apprentice

I would open a Support Case but my product is a few years past the 1 year warranty to be able to do so.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@mike406  You do not need to be under warranty for support. It is just for replacing faulty hardware.