Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

My device display now shows each camera location twice. I have made no changes to my settings prior nor updated the app. All of a sudden I get two camera displays of my driveway, front door and rear decking. The only difference in the displays is one camera shows the wifi icon and the battery life icon like always - and the second camera does not show the wifi icon and the battery life icon is outlined in red. Same for all three cameras. I'm using version 2.3.0 for the iphone app

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in iOS app version 2.3.2 please visit the app store and update your Arlo mobile app to this latest version.

JamesC

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Apparently an iOS app issue. Hang on for a fix.
mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Additionally - everything shows correctly on my iPad app and Arlo's online view. It's just on the iPhone app. Cold started the phone and tried everything within the settings limitation but it still shows double displays.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please download the latest version of the iOS Arlo mobile app (2.3.1) from the app store.

Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did install 2.3.1 yesterday. I also rebooted the server. I still have the same quirk on my phone display. I failed to mention this the first time, but my phone shows two Arlo servers in My Devices. One is active in geofence mode and the other server does not show any mode at all. If I tap on that server it does not respond at all. That appears to be the "ghost server" that shows the three cameras the second time.

mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

My issue has been fixed. If I had to guess it would be due to rebooting the server twice. It took a little time after that but I now only have one server showing in Devices and only one set of cameras showing. This discussion can dissolve.

afbutler1
Guide
Guide
I have one server showing and dual cameras' displays.
mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

When my problem first was noticed, one set of cameras had the standard icons above each display showing the normal battery strength. My second set of cameras were showing the battery as empty and the battery icon was simply a red outline. Is that what you're seeing?

Eventually, I unplugged my server and rebooted from scratch. Took a few minutes to completely reboot and then a while longer for the second set of "ghost" camera displays to disappear. That was my solution.

Nicaaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue; double cameras and double base stations. Rebooted, reset, reinstalled app. No solution.
mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well .... thought I had the solution and fixed. But just checked my phone and I have double cameras back again. Same old problem. Not sure what actually fixed it but it was only temporary for a few hours as it turns out. Maybe someone from Arlo support can jump in and offer something.

afbutler1
Guide
Guide
I tried the router factory reset then reboot solution too. It didn't work.
DX4
Guide
Guide

Is there a fix yet.  My iphone 6 shows double but when I log into a desktop computer single.  This is getting frustrating

mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine still shows double cameras too. Not on my iPad though or on the browser. Just on the iPhone. I agree with you, it is frustrating to look at everything twice.

DX4
Guide
Guide

I just got an email from support saying it is fixed and log out and back in.  It is NOT fixed. I have done everything

mplumlee
Aspirant
Aspirant

What did they mean - log out and back in? Log out of what>

tdmomega77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is what worked for me. In the app, go to Settings->Profile and log out. Then, delete the app from your device. Once I reinstalled the app and logged back in, no "ghost" cameras. Seems a bit excessive, and I hope the app is worked on to better handle this, but I am now only seeing my cameras. I thought I would share this for others having the issue.
Backup
Tutor
Tutor
I am having the same problem 2 of each camera , 2 servers when manually arming (only 1 that responds. After reading the above I'm confused. Is there a fix for this that truly fixes this issue and doesn't revert back to 2 of everything again after a few hours?
tdmomega77
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well, I was hoping it would be a more permanent "fix", but unfortunately I am again seeing "ghost" cameras in the app. We will just have to have Netgear fix this one it seems.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is currently under investigation by the engineering team. I will post an update as soon as I have more information. We appreciate your patience in this process.

JamesC

TB2016
Initiate
Initiate
Any update yet on this Issue?
Spartan6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any fix yet?

I am using an iPhone SE with the Arlo app. Same problem as the others mentioned in the discussion.

Kvwick
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issue. Deleted the app, thought it was back to normal, then the ghost image came back again. C'mon Arlo, get this fixed.
Gigijagi
Initiate
Initiate

This problem is almost enough to return the 6 cameras we bought and buy another brand. At the very least I will warn neighbors who are looking for cameras about this very frustrating double cameras issue in advance of their decision as to which video cameras to buy!

kwa_arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

iPhone 6SE - all current software on both phone and Arlo.  Had the same problem about a week ago.  Deleted the Arlo app, reinstalled and problem gone.  Got up this morning and the problem was back.

tdmomega77
Aspirant
Aspirant
So, interestingly enough, my issue seems to have resolved on its own. I am now about 5 days in without the issue occurring again. Not sure if something was done on the server-side, but I have 5 cameras between two bases (separate locations), and I do not have any further issues in the IOS app. Just thought I would comment on that.