Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo custom notification sound removed on latest update for Android

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Srock
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently downloaded the latest Arlo update version 3.6.8_28460 onto my Android phone and there is no longer any option to set a custom notification sound.  Therefore the Arlo app uses the default sound on my Android.  This is very confusing as other apps also use the default sound so now I don't know if someone is in my driveway entrance or not as I have multiple sounds coming in all day.  

1. Is this a software fault or:

2. Is there a way of working around this or;

3. Has Arlo removed the option to set a custom sound?  It is very annoying if they have as it renders the camera notification useless.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The option is still there and working. You may want to try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

I find the ability under Settings, Notifications which then presents the Go to Settings selection. That goes to the phone settings where you can choose the desired sound by clicking on Notifications (NOT the toggle for notifications) and go down to Sound.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The option is still there and working. You may want to try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app.

I find the ability under Settings, Notifications which then presents the Go to Settings selection. That goes to the phone settings where you can choose the desired sound by clicking on Notifications (NOT the toggle for notifications) and go down to Sound.

Srock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. This worked.  Thank you very much.