Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo - cannot get base station online or set up camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
visual_fx
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have previously had problems with the base station going off-line but was able to get it fixed.  Currently  the power and the camera light are on but I can't get the base station to connect to the internet.  I have not changed any settings (internet/router), I have checked the router settings, have reset both the router and the base station and nothing has worked.  I even performed a factory reset and that did not work.

At present, I cannot add the base station to my devices nor add any cameras.  I have followed the instructions and am at my wits end.  I have checked all connections and cables and everything is connected correctly.  I do not have any problem with the internet connection on my computer which runs through the same router as the Arlo base station.

The router is a Cisco and my computer is a Mac running the latest OS (and I access this via my iPhone with the latest OS as well).

I'm going out of town in two days and need to get this up and running before I leave.  I would be grateful for any help as I never thought I would have constant trouble with this device.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The lack of any light on the Internet LED means the base isn't talking to the router. I'll just run through some steps which you may well have already done but don't discount any of them. Change the cable. Use a different port on the router. Turn the modem off and plug the base into the modem (if the LED turns green after boot, it's a router problem. When done testing, turn the modem off againand reconnect the router to it.). 

Is the system new?  If so swap at the store. Otherwise open a case with support here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The lack of any light on the Internet LED means the base isn't talking to the router. I'll just run through some steps which you may well have already done but don't discount any of them. Change the cable. Use a different port on the router. Turn the modem off and plug the base into the modem (if the LED turns green after boot, it's a router problem. When done testing, turn the modem off againand reconnect the router to it.). 

Is the system new?  If so swap at the store. Otherwise open a case with support here.

visual_fx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much!  I had tried using a different port but hadn't thought of swapping the cable.  As I use a Mac and have an Airport running through the router as well, the system went back on once I unplugged the Airport cable and plugged it back in.

Thanks so much - I grateful I don't have to worry about this now.