Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cannot connect to base

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JDG
Follower
Follower

Hello

Need help asap. Cannot connect to base station

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Add details.  A first issue may be that you're using a mobile device that's not on the same WiFi network as the base station.

rusty19555
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's all same.and how would I tell if it's different.I've been trying this all day .I'm ready to return this.this is nonsense
rusty19555
Aspirant
Aspirant
It keeps can't connect to base
rusty19555
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have both green lites on modem
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, we need details to try to help. For starters, it may be best to use a computer to set up the system since there's no question about what network it's on. You can use a mobile device butnyou HAVE to have it connected via WiFi and not on 3G/4G.

rusty19555
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry for the lack of problems.just getting irritating. My how would I know the base is not the same as my mobile.
rusty19555
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am connected to WiFi on my mobile
rusty19555
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok let's start over.I'm at my computer it's 4 feet away from the arlo mode and right next to my router.now tell me what to do next.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have the quick start guide and have downloaded the manual from this site, right?  It's all in there.

Basically, you go to http://arlo.netgear.com and choose the button to set up a new system.  Have you gone through that?  Are the LEDs on the base lit?  What colors?