Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cams last 2-4.5 years max? One died down and tried changing batteries.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
garkw
Follower
Follower

I got my Arlo cams back in 2016 because of the high reviews and what looked like ease of use, but unfortunately there were always issues from time to time (from connection, battery drain, not charging unrelated to batteries, delays, not recording, too many notifications even with sensitivity lowered to 15%) Anything you could think of. Two of them already died awhile back, I've accepted the truth and now my last one is down as well. A not so good use of 4.5 years max, gave me lots of headaches and hassles that I seriously thought I was suffering mentally. I was constantly worrying what each (over sensitive) notifications were, at the same time cannot ignore them completely since I might miss something really important. Yes, I've tried getting new batteries, and yes I've already tried changing the sensitivity level, and restarting, even blowing & cleaning the ports. NO CAMERAS should be notifying you every 1 minute of well, nothing. 

2 REPLIES 2
Jody
Luminary
Luminary

My original cameras have battery life issues since upgrading to latest and greatest software.....When you install new batteries the level only goes 1/2 way up and shows dead in a week.....Batteries tested and it is not a battery issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That sounds like you've pushed the batteries down instead of letting the door do the pushing. These cameras operate off pairs of batteries and switch between the pairs to even out life. Since you only see 50% battery, one pair has a battery that isn't making contact with the door. Just lightly place them in their slots and let the door do the pushing.