Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camers are not triggering or recording.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
MulchMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good Morning,

I have two systems, 10 cameras total. About 5 days ago, I noticed I wasnt getting motion alerts on all five cameras on one of my systems. I am able to live stream from all 5 devices. I reset the base system manually, took out the batteries on the cameras, checked settings and upgrades, updated my phone app and nothing. I woke up this morning and only two of my cameras on the second system are sending allets for motion now. The camers are not triggering or recording.

Anyone else having these issues? How did you fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

It may or may not even be your end... When things pop up like this where the system was working fine, always look for the simple reasons first.

Since it is only one of your two systems, to me that would eliminate the phone app and the far end...

I would concentrate on that one system and what has changed there... internet router, outside connection there ?

Something changed or is different

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MulchMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

It has spread to half my other system. only two camers are motion activated at this time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MulchMan,

What modes are you using? The default "Armed" mode or a custom mode? Check your rules to make sure everything is set up for the desired cameras to detect and record motion.

JamesC

jmomls
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had the same issue.  The "scheduled" mode no longer works.  I've changed it to permanently armed to see if that helps.