Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras stopped working. I do not get a blue LED when syncing

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
MAL1111
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo camera stopped working, all of them. They refuse to be sync'd. I go through the steps yet I never get a blue light and the system still says they are offline. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There can be various reasons for this issue.  Having the power and Internet LEDs green is a good start.  Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it. Then press the camera sync button until the camera LED flashes blue.  Make sure the batteries are good and properly installed.  Just place the batteries in their slots and don't push them down - let the battery door do the pushing.

If nothing works, reset the system by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base showing, all of them?

MAL1111
Tutor
Tutor

The first two on the left are lite and when I press the Sync button on the side the third one flashed. The two on the right never light up.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What color are the two left ones?

MAL1111
Tutor
Tutor

Green

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There can be various reasons for this issue.  Having the power and Internet LEDs green is a good start.  Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it. Then press the camera sync button until the camera LED flashes blue.  Make sure the batteries are good and properly installed.  Just place the batteries in their slots and don't push them down - let the battery door do the pushing.

If nothing works, reset the system by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

MAL1111
Tutor
Tutor

I did all the steps you outlined and nothing, so as odd at it is, not sure how all the batteries died at the exact same time, but I replaced the batteries in one camera and tada, the blue light came on and I was able to sync it. Thank you for all you support and help.