Arlo cameras on chromebook

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Borderbill
Tutor
Tutor

I cannot play video from my Arlo cameras on my Toshiba Chromebook 2.  Can anyone help

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If Chrome won't play the video directly, you may need to install a different viewer such as VLC to use after you've downloaded the videos manually. Does the rest of the Arlo interface work properly, including live view?  What error or symptom are you getting?

Borderbill
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo will not play live view on my chromebook it just sits there until it times out with no error message. The rest of the interface works OK. I have no problem on my ipad,iphone or samsung S6 or my desktop running windows 10.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Borderbill wrote:
Arlo will not play live view on my chromebook it just sits there until it times out with no error message. The rest of the interface works OK. I have no problem on my ipad,iphone or samsung S6 or my desktop running windows 10.

It's an issue between the computer and flash... Live view requires flash to run

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
And I don't think the Chrome OS browser supports Flash, just as the Android versions don't.
Borderbill
Tutor
Tutor

I am using flash version 25.0.0.127

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't have a Chromebook so I have to ask all the questions.  What browser are you using Flash with?  Perhaps that's the issue.

Borderbill
Tutor
Tutor
I am using google chrome.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
AFAIK, Chrome doesn't support external Flash. The desktop version has it built-in and the mobile version is a nonstarter for Flash. Educate me - does a Chromebook allow this?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did some​browsing and discovered that the Chromebooks do support Flash. Check this thread out to see if it helps.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web-Player/Web-App-not-working-on-Chromebook-...