Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jmmurrell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just wanted to let users know about a problem I solved with my cameras going offline. I have 1 arlo pro cam and 3 wire free cams. I synced the wire free cams to the base station that came with the pro camera and wasn’t using the base that came with the wire free. Anyway my wire free cams kept going offline. So after months of taking out batteries and resetting the cams I decided to try deleting the wire free cams from the pro base station and hook up the wire free base station. So now I have the pro cam just connected to the pro base and I have the other 3 wire free cams hooked up to the wire free base station. Anyway since I’ve had both base stations going my cams haven’t gone offline at all.
5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jmmurrell

I am glad to hear your issue is solved. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Jmmurrell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still going off line just not as much. I’ve never owned a piece of electronic equipment as flaky as Arlo cameras. They go off line at least once a week if not more. How does this get fixed?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Jmmurrell

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

theclutch
Star
Star

I'm actually so pissed off at this thing that I went back to the Amazon site to write a review only to see that I already wrote one with 4 stars.  I want to give ZERO stars. This service *. Do yourself a favor and buy something other than Arlo. Yes, I understand that the batteries do not last long. I knew that going into the purchase. The further away the camera, the worse the battery consumption. The more false triggers, the more battery consumption. The more recordings, the more battery consumption. I get and accept all that. But you know what I can't forgive? I can't forgive when Arlo/Netgear seemingly makes an update which puts the main base unit offline. When it goes offline, all the cameras start looking for the signal which drains them at about 10% an hour. So in 10 hours, a fully charged battery is completely dead. The batteries are roughly $2 each. Each camera has 4 batteries. I have 5 cameras. It wastes $40 each time they go offline!!! THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS. Looking through the forums, this same issue applies to the Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro2. Each time they go offline, the Arlo forums get flooded with people complaining that their devices are all suddenly dead even with fresh batteries.

And NO, I didn't contact support for this.  With 5 years of running this stupid thing, I already know what they are going to say.  "Did you reset the device? Did you check the batteries?  Are you sure they're new?  Delete the devices and resync everything [which, btw, erases all of your rules and settings... thank you!]".  Bottom line... this  service is a *  It didn't start this way... but it surely ended this way. 

Epson
Tutor
Tutor

Can you please clarify - it sounds like you are suggesting that when Arlo does an update and the base goes offline, the camera(s) consume their battery life and U are required to but new batteries?