Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo cameras (VMB3000) not recording

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Amohr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras are installed outside. They are not recording. I can see myself when I go outside but no recordings or notifications

thx for any help

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What do you mean by you can see yourself when you go outside - through live view? The cameras don't record in live view unless you manually record.

Amohr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m holding my phone. I go outside. I see myself on phone in app but doesn’t record. Shouldn’t it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't say if you're using live view although what you have said makes it seem so. You have to give us all the information or we're just wasting time to get to the truth and solution.

Again, use of live view prevents recording unless you manually record from within live view.

Amohr
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do I change the live view? Apparently that is what I am doing. All I did was open the box and followed instructions. It said ready to go. While handling cameras I received notifications of motion but when I placed them in trees nothing. Thx!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Live view is manually activated. WHen you first log in, you see your cameras in the Devices tab. Clicking on the Play icon for any camera activates live view. While actively viewing like this, recordings are disabled since you're already using the camera. Is that what you're doing? If so, DON'T do that - just go out in front of the cameras and see if it records.