Arlo camera will not turn on

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hosull1977
Follower
Follower

After having cameras deactivated for several months, I just repowered them with new primary CR123 batteries,  I just purchased these in July and they drained the batteries in just three weeks.  Frustrated, I did a treamendous amount of research and a little bit of procrastination, but finally decided to go with single-use batteries.  Upon installing new batteries,one of the four cameras worked for a short period (like 2 minutes), then came up with a firmware update notice.  Attempting to update, the process kept timing out.  Did more research.  Changed battereis again and rebooted the base station.  The camera now synchs fine, but the camera will not come on.  The motion sensor works (led flashes and my computer and iPhone app show that it is connected.  But the camera will not come on.  Occassionally, it makes a click like a switch is closing, but after draining two sets of expensive litium batteries, I cannot get the camera to turn on.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What firmware versions for all cameras and the base? It might be worth a reset of the base and start fresh. Make sure you reset by only using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.