Arlo camera shows on main screen, not mode

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jrsdad
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a system with 2 basic Arlo cameras and one Arlo Pro.  When I added the Arlo Pro, even though all three cameras are on main screen of iOS app, when I go to mode only two camers (one Arlo and one Arlo Pro).  I have tried deleting the missing camera and re-syncing it, and went as far as removing the batteries.  It always comes back when I sync on the main screen with the original camera name, but will not show up on the mode screen.

What this means is there is no motion detection or automatic recording for this camera (I can manually record,and motion detetion test works).  It worked fine before I added the third camera, the Arlo Pro.

I have not shut down the base station and tried to reboot it (don't know if that is even possible).  I have two cameras in the same room, so can manually record when alerted, but I'd like it to actually work as it should.

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jrsdad
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's been a while but I think I removed the problem camera from app, power cycled camera and base, the added camera and it worked.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ANy camera without a rule in your modes needs to have a new rule added to your mode(s).  Rules aren't automatically added to you modes other than the default Armed mode since the system has no idea what you want to do with any particular camera.

Edit your modes and add a rule for the "missing" camera.

Jrsdad
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. But my problem is I cannot add a mode for third camera because it does not appear listed in My Devices when I select Mode. The camera appears on the home screen, I can go live and manually record, but when I go to Mode screen it is not listed.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Power cycle the base and check again. Any luck?
Joe_O
Guide
Guide

I'm having same issue.  Power cycle did not help.  JRSDAD - Did you ever resolve?

Jrsdad
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's been a while but I think I removed the problem camera from app, power cycled camera and base, the added camera and it worked.
Joe_O
Guide
Guide

Thanks.  I figured it out.  Operator error ;(