Arlo camera or base station VMB4540

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FLSII
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have worked with and setup multiple Arlo base stations and cameras.

I just recently setup family member with base station (VMB4540) and cameras (Arlo).

After setting up new account there is NO "Grant Access" option for one family member to share to another.

There is a "Share" option that goes through the send and invite process but the cameras are never shared.

My account still has 'Grant Access' so I do not believe this has been replaced.

Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Some details that might be useful,

All newly created arlo accounts now get the new mobile app experiment installed.(feed instead of library)

If you’re account is still using the older app version it is not compatible to share with friends unless they have the same version mobile app.

Once you update the app you cannot revert back. There is a list of issues with the new app a mile long so it may take arlo a year or two to sort them all out.

If your trying to use local recordings to share it is 

not a workable feature since only cloud storage is shareable.

FLSII
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for reply and makes sense in a way with mobile app versions.  That would be normal I guess with such a different layout.

The family members I installed apps on, 1 Android and 1 iPhone are same app versions, the "sharing" never gets past the invite.  The second in order phone never "sees" the cameras.  Maybe I am perceiving wrong in that "sharing" is like the "grant access" were either can control the cameras.  NOT just 'sharing' videos, in the cloud or not.

Is nice Arlo tested the new app version so well, deploying know there were issues so paying customers could download and deal with.  
They need to remove from app store and give customers something that works.

I will block any Arlo updates for myself, the new app sucks with the amount of time I have dealt with.