Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Suzysue
Follower
Follower

My geofenching stopped working several weeks ago. I have deleted and reloaded the app and turned the base station on and back on but nothing. Using an iPhone 8. 

4 REPLIES 4
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Have you tried removing the check mark next to your device used for determining your location in geofencing, then saving and closing the app, then re-opening the app and adding the check back on the desired device?

sscotsman
Tutor
Tutor

My geofencing is working when I *leave* home..it automatically detects I have "left the zone" and switches the camera on. However its now not working when I *return* home. (It was working before, but it recently stopped)

When I get home, the system does not detect I am home, *unless* I go into my phone any physically open the Arlo app, only then does it say "oh! you are home, sorry, didnt see you there..turning camera off now"

It used to do it automatically when I pulled into the driveway..now it wont do anything unless I physically open the app on my phone.

Scot

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On the recommendation from another user, I'm trying out the Android app Push Notifications Fixer. Sleep mode can cause delays in notifications - I wonder if it would help you. I haven't had time to really try it out so can't speak for its usefulness.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Also, doublecheck your Location settings be sure Arlo can track your location "Always" and not just when using the app.