Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Gokart9
Follower
Follower

Looking to find out if anyone has bought and is happy with any brand / model of rechargable CR123.  I see some on amazon have 650mAh rating and some up to 2000maH.  Guessing different battery types NiMH and others have different ratings and maybe the higher number is not always the best chioce?  I think the camera come with non-rechargable 650mAh.

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Arlo recommend and have tested Tenergy. In fact, you can buy them through the website

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo/tenergy_rechargeable_battery_charger.aspx

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Anything that says 2000mAH is likely to be fake

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Also keep in mind only the Tenergy 3.7v rechargeables are certifird by Netgear.  If you use others and they trash your camera, you may have warranty issues.  Unfortunately the Tenergys are hard to get in many countries other than Canada or USA.

GGood clues of types to avoid are, as mentioned above. any batteries offering more than 700Mah.  Also any advertised for $2 or$3 each

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I can't get Tenergy so I got some Ultrafire 880mAH batteries and they're brilliant

manfredz
Hero
Hero

I also got a set of Nitecore's.  Getting as good performance as the Tenergys.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Tenergy's are certified for use but as long as you get batteries that have built-in over- and under-voltage protection you should be good.  Don't use batteries without this protection, especially the 2000+mAH-rated ones, since fires and meltdowns have occured and your warranty would be voided.