Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo battery drains really fast

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ExtonUser
Follower
Follower

I bought an Arlo system with 3 cameras this past summer.  I have an issue with one of them.  Actually, I have an issue with 2 of them, but this one is really frustrating.

I installed 2 of the cameras to cover my driveway.  One of the right side and another on the left (when facing the house).  The 3rd camera covers my front door.

The one that covers the right side generates a lot of false positive videos/alerts.  So many that on any given day, I get a hundred alerts/videos or more.  Sometimes over 200.  Some are legit, but I would say that more than 80% of them are just video of an empty driveway with nothing going on.  The camera on the left side also covers more or less the same area, but it generates way much less video.  Sometimes 10, sometimes 20 on any given day.

The only thing I changed was to record video for 30 seconds.  I find that 10 seconds is too short.  But other than that, I left the rest of the settings alone.  I tried to play with the motion sensitivity.  But when I do that, it misses stuff that the left camera sees.  So I put it back to 80.  I can't seem to find the right balance.

When I first installed the cameras, the battery drain on the right side one was bad.  After about 2 months, I needed to replace the batteries.  The next set lasted around the same.  The third set didn't last very long.  In fact, in 7 days, it went from 100% down to 23%.  At that rate, I'll need to replace it sometime next week.

Compare that with the left camera.  It's still on its 2nd set and the batteries are at 75%.  The front door camera is still on its 1st set and it's currently at 21%.  I replaced both driveway cameras at the same time.  In case you're wondering why the discrepancy, it's because I was away on vacation and wasn't able to replace the batteries on the right camera when it died.  So for a certain time period, my driveway was only covered by one camera.

All the batteries are new Duracells.  I bought the batteries in bulk so it's not like the 2nd set or the 3rd set came from a different batch.

Thanks for any suggestions/ideas.

- Frustrated owner

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ExtonUser

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support