Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo batteries last a week

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
JonoOliver
Initiate
Initiate
In the last few months my batteries in the cameras have started lasting less than 2 weeks, what the heck is happening!?
Latest firmware installed on cams and basestation, 6 months ago the batteries lasted for 6 months so what has changed?
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sometimes a factory reset helps. PITA but if it solves the problem...

Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base. Sync the cameras. Any better?

JonoOliver
Initiate
Initiate
Right, reset it all and installed fresh batteries let’s see how long they last!
cam33
Tutor
Tutor
I had the same issue. I doubt because they are selling Pro and now Pro2 they have something to let Arlo 1st gen “retired” faster! Same like Apple do for old 6 and 6s. Unless you use rechargeable batteries, otherwise you cannot afford to replace the flat once a week and end up giving up to buy Pro and Pro 2! This is very nasty!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JonoOliver, cam33

If you're sure nothing in the environment is causing an issue and camera usage is within the defined average use (optimize or best battery life/5 minutes per day), I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Ronman71
Initiate
Initiate
What's the verdict? I'm having the same problem. Haven't had my Arlo system for a month. Thinking of returning it.
Vixenvella
Initiate
Initiate
I'm having the same issue with my cameras. I have 6 cameras and it's getting very expensive for the batteries. Curious if anyone has had any success doing a factory reset as the company has suggested. This will be time consuming so just wondering if it's actually worked first.