Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
flimps
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a modem/router installed at home and get internet in other parts of the house through the use of porwelines with Wi-Fi included.

Internet has been running with no problems in all of the house, until I connected the Arlo cameras.

The base station was first connected to the Ethernet port on a devolo 500AV Wi-Fi powerline.

It worked for some time, until the powerline died.

I bought a new T-Link AV 500 powerline. Whenever the Arlo cameras are connected, the internet cuts off. I need to unplug the Arlo powerbase to be able to have internet running seemingly.

Have put the quality of the image on the Arlo to the minimum so as to reduce the amount of traffic through the net, but still cuts off. Also the Ethernet port on the poweline adaptor shuts off and the network light on the netgear base station goes amber.

Looks the Arlo base station and camera, consumes all the net or overcharges the powerline adaptor collapsing the Ethernet port and makes the internet to slow down and ti drop the connection in all floors.

I have changed modem/router, change Ethernet cables, change powerline adaptors, reduce quality of image on Arlo cameras, the house is 3 yrs. old. The internet works when the base station is disconnected..

Have seen many people with the same problem in this forum, but found no solution. Any suggestions? So far the only one that comes into my mind is to return the product

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that the dead powerline adapter somehow damaged the base station's Ethernet port.  Since it once worked and now doesn't, my suspicion is that it's not the Arlo system but your network (with the possible damage as noted above being possible).

To test, move the base temporarily to the router and plug it in.  Seemingly, it will either work or it won't.  If it does, it's your powerline network.  It it doesn't and the Internet LED is amber, I'd guess the port is damaged on the base.  You could try a factory reset to start over to see if something is goofy internal to the base due to the adapter's failure.