Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station shows solid orange and doesn't synch to camera

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
nachojauregui_
Follower
Follower

I got an arlo wire free camera, its battery died 79 days ago and i didn't had the change it. Before the battery died, everything was fine, i had the three first lights on green. Today I changed the battery of the arlo and brought it next to the base station so it could resynch. I tried restarting the base with the router but all I get is a "your arlo camera appears to be offline". Also the power light is orange (it doesn't blink). When I restarted it for 2 seconds the 3 lights turned on and displayed the green color and them 2 power off and the first changed to orange. Help me please!!!!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

An amber power LED is a real problem Remove power for 60 seconds and then try restarting.  If it remains amber, all you can try is a factory reset of the base using the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  If you still have the amber power LED, you'll have to open a case with support since you likely have either a bad power supply or base.

Timbocrete
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm getting the same thing from my base station, Not Happy, need it fixed ASAP
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't give us much to work with.  WHat are the LEDs showing?  What have you tried?

Ian1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ian1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I am also having a problem. I have a base station model VMB 3000 and trying to resync, now the power  light is amber. I've disconnected for  over a minute and it remains solid amber and that is the only light on. I can't see any reset button on mine as per other suggestions. Please help....!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The reset button is recessed in the back by the power switch.  Press it using a pen/paper clip, etc. until the LEDs flash amber.

If that doesn't help, open a case using the Contact Support link at the bottom here or swap the system at the store.

sgabb001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unplugged it from one outlet into another and now I only have a solid orange power light. Tried restting power and the reset button and still the same. Open a ticket? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Likely but try a reset first using the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber.

sgabb001
Aspirant
Aspirant

I held down the reset button for a long time and it does not change from solid orange. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hardware issues must be solved by opening a case with support.