Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station not found

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Grokin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Trying to reconnect my base station after an accidental deletion.  I have tried resetting the device (hold down reset until all lights turn amber then restarts).  Still unable to find  the base station when I try to add it.  The power and internet lights are green.  The unit is showing up on my list of WiFi networks, so I know it’s connected to that.  I have tried using my phone and tablet to connect.  Help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just because the SSID shows up in your list of WiFi networks that doesn't really help since that's only useful for the cameras. What's useful is the router showing that the base has an IP address which is also confirmed by the Internet LED being green, as you note.

Make sure all devices in Settings, My Devices have been removed. Make sure your phone is on your WiFi or that you use a computer browser so you can use the web client. Turn off any VPNs that may be in use.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just because the SSID shows up in your list of WiFi networks that doesn't really help since that's only useful for the cameras. What's useful is the router showing that the base has an IP address which is also confirmed by the Internet LED being green, as you note.

Make sure all devices in Settings, My Devices have been removed. Make sure your phone is on your WiFi or that you use a computer browser so you can use the web client. Turn off any VPNs that may be in use.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

try via  my.arlo.com with your browser

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Grokin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Genius. Thank you!! After spending hours trying to fix this, it was the VPN that wasn’t letting me.  Turned that off and my device was found and I’m good to go.