Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

What are the Arlo Base Station network specs?

Thanks,

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Both bases use 10/100Mbs connections, not gigabit (no need). I have mine connected to a gigabit router and the LED is amber, indication 100Mbs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Adewale
Luminary
Luminary

its a 2.4GHz base station. it connects wirelessly only to the Arlo wireless cameras and connects via RJ45 to your router

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Adewale wrote:

its a 2.4GHz base station. it connects wirelessly only to the Arlo wireless cameras and connects via RJ45 to your router

Actually I was referring to the ethernet adapter capacity/speed, 10/100 Mbt/s or the newer 1000 Mbit/s?

Would like to know that in helping with my decision to relocate router and base station connected via powerline adapter/extender.

Many adapter make and models out there, all claiming extremely high speeds.....of course the base station own ethernet adapter speed will limit the actual transfer speed.

Also wondering about the new Arlo Pro base station and how it compares to the older one in that context.

Thanks,

Paul

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Both bases use 10/100Mbs connections, not gigabit (no need). I have mine connected to a gigabit router and the LED is amber, indication 100Mbs.

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

jguerdat wrote:

You're right, I thought so.......the current speed isn't going to change either way. Even connecting base station to a gigabit adapter/extender isn't going to make a difference in the end.

So I'll just relocate router and keep base station where it is now (right in the middle distances from cameras), connected to 300-500Mbs extender and that should work fine.

Thanks for your input.

Paul