Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo base station discovery problem

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
en1gma
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some help would be appreciated here.

We recently switched to AT&T Fiber with a Pace 5268AC FXN gateway/modem. I have been unable to 'discover' the Arlo base station using either the netgear website or the Arlo app on my Android. Both the power and internet lights are 'green'.

The Arlo base station VMB3010 is assigned an IP address by my router, and responds to ping attempts. The gateway and base station have both been restarted/reset.
I have tried opening TCP ports 80-83 and UDP ports 441-450 for VMB3010. I have also set the VMB3010 to 'DMZPlus' mode in the firewall, but to no avail.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure exactly what you did but you shouldn't need to do anything after switching routers.  It's likely going to be useful to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Hold the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Let the base reboot and then use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

Theoretically, you shouldn't need to "discover" the base after switching routers. That's only necessary if you removed the devices as above and/or used the reset button.

en1gma
Aspirant
Aspirant

No luck with the reset. I have experimented a lot with the router and cannot see a way forward. Will return the product.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

en1gma,

If you're getting a green power and internet LED, this means the base station is online and communicating with Arlo servers. As jguerdat mentioned above, you do not need to go through the first time setup process again when changing routers/ISP.

Are you using the same account to log in?

JamesC