Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
DRG155
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system worked fine, unitl I went to rehook up my system in our new home.  The plugged in camera works fine, however the wireless camera will not sync.  I took them off the system and tried to re"Add" them, however the base flashes green but then goes back to solids Amber.  Its the 3 light on the base station that will flash green and then back to amber.  I have tried to re "Add" all 3 wireless camera and same thing happens.  I even changed the batteries just in case.  What am I missing?

13 REPLIES 13
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sounds like a base station issue. Do a hard reset of the base station and start again with logging in and adding the cameras. One person noted they couldn't sync a camera but then turned off their wifi and the camera sync'd up straight away. Not sure if there might be interference

DRG155
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok, I did the hard reset on the base, and the same thing happend.  I then disconnected the internet from the base to and then sync the wirelss camera and same thing happened.  Blinks green for awhile and the camera blinks blue for the awhile, but then the base's 3 light goes back to amber and doesnt connect to the base. 

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Does the power LED also go to amber?

blinkbel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem...

I reset the base, I also recycled my modem-router-base, I put in new batteries to camera...

I start with green light power... green light internet.

I then hold Base Sync button down 2 seconds until it flashes green.

I then hold Camera Sync button down 2 seconds.

The camera light begins to flash blue. But then the Base light turns solid amber.  No luck.

The camera is 6 inches away from the base when attempting top sync.

It worked before for a long time... but now I have this issue.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe that the latest firmware shows a solid amber LED for the Cameras if the base needs to be claimed.  It's possible that you should reset the system and start fresh.  To do this, remove everything from Settings, My Devices.  Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras.  If this fixes it, great, but I have no explanation unless you had reset the base previously.

blinkbel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do I just remove the cameras? Or do I need to remove the base too?  If I have to remove the base, how do I do that?

blinkbel
Aspirant
Aspirant

It shows my Arlo system is offline.  The power light is solid green, the internet light is solid green, the sync light is solid amber. How do I get the system online?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button to add th base and sync the cameras. It's a fresh start.

blinkbel
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried this. I removed both of the cameras. But it keeps showing the Arlo system base as offline and it won't let me add new devices now it won't sync because the system is offline. I repeatedly try to power cycle the base without luck
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I did say to remove ALL devices from Settings, My Devices. That includes the base.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Try a factory reset of the base instead of just a power cycle too. It really is then starting from scratch

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

blinkbel,

Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices and remove the base station. After it has been removed,  go back to your account main screen (Devices) and click "Add Device". Select base station and follow the on screen instructions. If you're having trouble discovering the device, you may need to manually factory reset the base by pressing and holding the reset button until all LEDs flash amber. Also be sure the device you are using to add the base station to your account is connected to the same network as the base station.

JamesC

blinkbel
Aspirant
Aspirant

SOLVED - Thank you all.  When I removed the base and then added it back in, the whole system started to work again... without having to add back my cameras.