Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo appears dead...

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
jtucson
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my arlo cams does not do anything when the sync button on top of the unit is pressed. There is no blue light. The camera appears online in the app, but when I try to view the cam in question, it fails to connect. I get the amber message on the top of the screen. The battery registers as full and the wifi bars are good. I don't see a reset button on the unit. Has anyone experienced this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jtucson wrote:
One of my arlo cams does not do anything when the sync button on top of the unit is pressed. There is no blue light. The camera appears online in the app, but when I try to view the cam in question, it fails to connect. I get the amber message on the top of the screen. The battery registers as full and the wifi bars are good. I don't see a reset button on the unit. Has anyone experienced this?

Reset the camera by opening and closing the battery door....it should auto -resync.

If that fails to work then...

Go to the base and preboot via the power button ...takes about 1-2 mins to com back, check again.

If still NG,  Go to SETTINGS, pick camera, and REMOVE DEVICE.  Then open battery door to reset camera, Reboot base via power button and let it come back online... last, close battery door and bring back camera as if new ( re-sync )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

jtucson wrote:

Reset the camera by opening and closing the battery door....it should auto -resync.

If that fails to work then...

Go to the base and preboot via the power button ...takes about 1-2 mins to com back, check again.

If still NG,  Go to SETTINGS, pick camera, and REMOVE DEVICE.  Then open battery door to reset camera, Reboot base via power button and let it come back online... last, close battery door and bring back camera as if new ( re-sync )

Morse is faster than texting!
jtucson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so much! A bit of everything helped...