Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo appearing offline - but it's online

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

This notification very persistent of late, but when I'm phyisically checking the router (and note:  during these times I'm heading into my residence and the notice persists) the router's status is that it is 'online'.

If I leave the device (an iphone in most cases) for several hours.  Yes . . . . several hours . . . ultimately I get the iphone app in sync.  And the router continues to show as it did earlier that it was 'online' all the time.

What is causing this?  Any ideas?  My patience of late is pretty much tapped with this system after so many years of use.  And as others have indicated, initial 1 or 2 years was very good service, then completely unreliable as a stable service.

Dont give me the answer reboot all.  Tired of that BS.  Want to know what is causing this as again, if I leave it several hours (or whenever things 'do' manage to resolve in that period) all is good again.  And when speaking of Arlo, 'good' is a very relative term.

6 REPLIES 6
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

. . . and nothing so far, so removed the base station and attempted to re-install and . . . . . 

. . . a. mess.  Nothing - not ioS not PC web app . . . will result in device being identified.  All lights on base station 'green' and nothing else has been changed in this system for a long, long time (all other network hardware and systems running just fine . . . as they usually are), but Arlos again a mess.

Myko14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing here. Signal went down and tried reboot, etc. first. Then uninstalled base station and can't get the app to acknowledge the base station despite being logged into my router and seeing that it is connected. All lights on the base station are green but the app does not detect any Arlo devices.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Minburn57 @Myko14

I'm trying to understand this issue fully.

• To clarify, are you receiving the base station offline message within the app?
  • Does this issue occur on the mobile app & Web browser?
  • If just the app, which version of the Arlo app are you using?
  • Which version of Android/iOS are you using? 
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

How does this system respond with everything 'OFFLINE' in both iOS app and PC/web access, but continues to send me notices at the same time that cameras are picking up movement?

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh yeah . . . f your 'we dont recognize this device' . . . .

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

. . . . base station lights show all connections active, monitor of network shows that device working, and yet all access shows everything (cameras and base station) "OFFLINE" while cameras continue to pick up movement around the house.  Now up to about 2 dozen notices from the "OFFLINE" system . . . .

What a f mess.  Six years and pretty much at the end of my rope with this.