Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Cw7
Guide
Guide

I have the wirelss base station and 5 cameras. One camera is recording normally and I can view the recording in the app, but the app is showing all 5 cameras offline. I have reset the modem and the base unit but nothing changes. All three green leds on the base are burnng steady. How do I get the app to work again?

87 REPLIES 87
RiverViewer
Tutor
Tutor

How do I do the following: 

"Verify firmware versions of all devices by comparing to what's posted in the Release Notes section here."  

My cameras are still not working after trying numerous things. I removed the devices already through settings but now can't even get it to sync back up to base station by steps of Add Device.  It sounds like a firmware issue to me as the pro camera I have is working just fine.  

Cw7
Guide
Guide

manfredz, the settings are the same as they have been since the first camera was installed in 2016. Armed and set to record when motion is detected and send to my email. It was working normal yesterday but now no recording or email. Netgear has a problem and they are slow to correct it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To verify firmware versions, use Settings, My Devices, your camera/base, Device Info.  Noe each firmware version. Now, ue this site and locate the Release Notes section.  The latest versions for the various devices are all listed there.

RiverViewer
Tutor
Tutor

OK, but I already removed my camera under settings with the hope that adding it back would reset it and solve the issue.  However, I can't add the camera back on.  Every time I try, it won't sync back to the base station.  If it won't sync to the base station, how would I check the settings to check the firmware?  

AZArloUser
Star
Star
ok, I've removed the camera and added it back, but have also changed 2 variables tonight to test. So far it is still working... The below are temporary because I can't keep the existing setup AND it was working fine before the firmware update.

1) I removed the silicone skin. I don't think this is a problem, but since I JUST changed the batteries yesterday and when I re-added the camera it was down to 86%, something is obviously draining it. My shot-in-the-dark theory here is maybe the sync button is being partially pressed causing a constant search for the basestation (even though I don't recall seeing the blue blinking lights)???

2) I changed the location to see if the distance was a factor. It is actually the same length away, but lowered in height by about 5ft. Where it was before (and also working fine for the last 1 year, before the firmware update) was right underneath an overhang of my patio. While doing this troubleshooting I kept on having to grab a ladder to pull it down so it's really because I'm being lazy while Netgear tries to figure this out. 😃

Ultimately I'd like to place it back about 8ft higher with the silicone skin (original setup), but I'll wait a day and see what happens.

Another strange thing I've seen is that I can't see this particular camera when I tried to create a new rule from another camera. (when motion detected on other camera, start recording on this one). However, I can see it and choose to record it from the other 3 cameras in my set. Odd.

Anyone try anything different to troubleshoot?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Something is definitely goobered.  To ungoober it, I think a total system reset will be needed. Worst case, remove everything from Settings, My Devices and set it up under a new account using a different email address. I don't know how your profile could do this but I can't say for sure.

Tonsoffun
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue here. I see the main thread shows "Solved"? Where is the solved solution?

AZArloUser
Star
Star
seems like for a lucky few "it just started working"... However for a large group that's not the case.
Tonsoffun
Tutor
Tutor

I already been on my ladder twice this weekend trying to hard re-set 4 cameras and syncing everything (Did not read this thread to see if everyone else had issues) and still showing off line. 

AZArloUser
Star
Star
same here with the ladder, that's why I just kept it at a lower position for this temporary troubleshooting (see about 4 posts up).
Tonsoffun
Tutor
Tutor

What really puzzles me is why there is no announcements on doing any kind of updates to the systems. It would be nice to have the option if you would like to do any firmware updates (If this is the case). If mine is working great with current firmware it would need to be major update for me to do any update.

If it ain't broke don't touch it! kind of thing lol.

Tonsoffun
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

Another post you mentioned this is resolved, does it automatically fix the problem or...? Mine is still offline. Anyone else still have this issue?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you've removed or reset your base station (you indicate that you did a hard reset above), it will need to be claimed again on your account. Log in to your Arlo account and navigate to Settings > My Devices and remove the base station. After it has been removed,  go back to your account main screen (Devices) and click "Add Device". Select base station and follow the on screen instructions. If you're having trouble discovering the device, you may need to manually factory reset the base by pressing and holding the reset button until all LEDs flash amber. Also be sure the device you are using to add the base station to your account is connected to the same network as the base station.

JamesC