Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app library filter constantly resets

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Hi - 

I've noticed that in the Android & iOS apps, the library filters don't save for longer than roughly an hour and are reset (displays all cameras).  In fact, it seems to coincide with my "session" timing out and the Arlo app displaying the "signing in.." spash screen when I launch the app.  I'm seeing this both on the Android and iOS apps, but I think the session timeout is quicker on Android (anecdotally).

Has anyone else noticed this?  If so, does anyone know a way to get the filters to be permanent?

Thanks!

- Mark

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No but perhaps an easy way to get the same result is to simply click on the numbered circle for the camera in the Devices tab when you first login.  That won't help if you're after setting a filter for multiple cameras.

Prolixium
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the suggestion.  I do periodically tap on the number on the camera view to filter that single camera, but my standard use case is to filter all but 2 of 8 cameras I monitor since they are more interesting than the rest.  It requires 8x taps (1 to open filter, 6 to select cameras 1 to hit OK) after entering the library mode to do this.

This is obviously not a big deal but it seems like an odd miss from the Arlo devs.

- Mark