Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Phenomena
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a Samsung S5 running Android 5. Set up an Arlo base station with 3 wire free cameras and it all worked a charm. The only only hiccup I noticed was that when trying to set the system up it took a while before it could find the base station on my network. I had to wait 10 minutes and had attempted 5 times before it worked.

Once all set up everything seemed great until I walked out of the house and outside of wifi coverage.  Then the app changed over to mobile data and after indidcting it was getting a status update from the cameras then said the cameras were offline. After jumping back on wifi it seemed to come right after 5 minutes. It worked well all that night.  After leaving the house the next day i noted that the cameras are displayed as status offline.  This has not changed since and that was over a day ago now.  I have checked the cameras which I can view live from any pc but my phone app still says its offline.  It however was more than happy to send me push notifications for motion detection and I could view recordings immediatedly just no live viewing.

I have uninstalled app and reloaded to no avail. Any ideas folks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those involved in this thread experiencing issues, Android update 2.1.2 has been released for the Arlo mobile app. Please download the update and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Thank you,
JamesC

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS version?

DAISY
Initiate
Initiate
Same issue showing offline on my new note5 ever since setup 3 days ago, but get push notifications. Strangely my iphone and ipad work just fine
Phenomena
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat.  If you read the story the model number and OS was in the first line.

Phenomena
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting you mention that your Ipad and Iphone work fine Daisy.  I have a colleague who has also set up the same package deal and everything is fine on his ipad and iphone. I also logged into his system as a fault diagnostic exercise and my android samsung works fine. I have also gotten my wife to login into my account with her Samsung S6 and whatever android OS she is running and it also shows camera status as offline. I will try remote logging into my system with an apple device and see how that goes. Primary difference between sites may be speed of internet connection my site being rural compared to my colleagues site.

bhinegardn
Guide
Guide

I just setup a one camera system and base station. It work fine with a iPad Air 2, but not with the S4. The cameras are constantly offline with the S4. I can see the library of clips, but cannot access the camera via the S4. I have no problem accessing the liveview with the iPad.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bhinegardn,

I have tested this using a Galaxy S4 (Sprint, android version 5.0.2) on both WiFi and 4g and have not been able to reproduce this issue.

Do you always see the cameras as offline or is the issue intermittent? Does it make a difference if the phone is using mobile data or WiFi?

JamesC

bhinegardn
Guide
Guide

James,

The camera is always offline; both wifi and mobile data. Also, I have tried it on wifi on my internal network and with an external network, the same results. I have tried rebooting the phone, and reinstalling the app, but nothing changed. I do notice that the camera connection screen flickers with the live button. One thing I don't understand the network and battery status for the camera updates, but the camera is offline. 

Gahawn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm seeing the exact same issue. Everything works perfectly on the website and everything execpt live camera view works on the mobile app. I still get push notifications and can see recordings in the library and the camera is showing me wifi signal strength and battery power but the video screen is just solid green with "Your device is offline" showing. This started a few days ago but I'm not exactly certain when. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

It would appear the problem exists with Samsung devices only?

bhinegardn
Guide
Guide

I can't confirm that it's Samsung specific, as I don't have another model to test with. My S4 has never connected correctly. My PC and iPad work fine. As noted the live button flickers on and off as if the phone is intermittently connecting with the camera, but not long enough to access the camera. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My Nexus 10 and Nexus 6 have the same issue with v2.1.1 of the app.  Using the older app or a browser works fine.  It's been reported - hopefully a new app soon...

bhinegardn
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the information. It would seem that there is a problem with the Android app (v) 2.11. The iOS version for iPad works for me as well as the Chrome browser version on Windows 10. It would appear that a bug fix is needed.

Not knowing the underlying functionality of the app, if it can check the wifil strength and battery level it must be communicating on some level with the camera. The flickering live button leads me to belive that the app may be polling the camera, but unable to lock onto the camera. However, this is just my opinion based on observation.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is currently under investigation and has been escalated to the engineering team. Thank you for the feedback and any additional information concerning this issue is appreciated.

JamesC

ClamDigger200
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would also like to weigh in on this issue I also have a Galaxy Samsung device tab it had worked for approximately two weeks now July 13th 2016 it has gone offline and has not come back online again it appears that it is a problem that you guys need to patch and fix NOW!   $500 for a security system that does not work is unacceptable and bad business. I will  make sure everyone that I know doe's not buy a Arlo camera system

bhinegardn
Guide
Guide

As an unaffiliated individual I would humbly suggest that you give Netgear the opportunity to determine the cause of the problem and fix it before trashing the reputation of their product. As indicated in their post, they are aware of the problem and are working on it. As with any application, you cannot foresee all problems on every available platform.

bhinegardn
Guide
Guide

My Android version is 4,4,4 (KitKat) versus the Lollipop that you indicate works. I have heard that there are various apps that will not work on the KitKat, and require the functionlaity of the Lollipop platform.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those involved in this thread experiencing issues, Android update 2.1.2 has been released for the Arlo mobile app. Please download the update and let me know if you continue to experience any issues.

Thank you,
JamesC

Phenomena
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James. Update working well on S5. Will check on S6 later and let you know. Thanks. Appreciate the response and timely remedy. Well done.
bhinegardn
Guide
Guide

James,

The update is working on the Samsung S4 with my internal Wiif. Will test it with mobil data later today, and let you know the results. Thanks for the quick response and fix to our issue.

Gahawn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I downloaded the update last night. It seems to have taken care of the issue for me on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Nicely done guys!

Now, if you could get on the custom notification sound request that would be great!

kathyb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an older Note 3. My Arlo app was working great until it updated to 2.1.2 How do I revert to the previous version?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kathyb,

What issue are you having with the app?

What version of Android are you running on your Note 3? Is there a newer OS version available? If so, consider updating to the latest version to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

Anitacarson
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you explain to me how I down load the androi update 2.1.2.

Thanks Anita

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only official method is through the various app stores.  You can possibly locate and download older versions from sites on the Internet but it's at your peril since no one knows if they are unmodified.