Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo android app problem

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RonTaylorTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

In addition to the default Armed, Disarmed, Schedule, and Geofencinf\g modes, I have 2 custom modes. The App shows approximatel 100 modes and the extraneous ones are all un-named with a notation of "Motion detection on" or Motion detection off". Some have the pencil icon implying they can be edited and some do not. How do I delete all the extraneous modes? Accessin My Arlo from my PC does not show all the extraneous modes.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the phone and reinstalling the app. If that doesn't work, try editing the extra modes and choose to delete them.

It sounds like a remnant from way back when. Arlo changed strategies a few years ago, changing from All Motion On/Off to Armed and Disarmed. Some folks, including myself, still had the old modes but could delete them. A permanent fix would be to factory reset the system and start fresh but since you don't see it on the PC I think it's a display issue with the app. Hopefully.

RonTaylorTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Uninstalled the app. Restarted the phone. Reinstalled the app. All the extraneous modes are still present. All the "Motion detection on" have the pencil icon. All the "Motion detection off" do not have the pencil icon.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure why it's only on the app but the solution is the reset. Make complete notes of your settings and modes before starting.

Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to claim the base and resync the cameras. Check your modes - you should see only Armed and Disarmed - no "All Motion On/Off" modes. Rebuild your settings and modes.