Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo and Arlo Pro go offline when car is locked

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi

I've got 10 cameras in my home set up but have issues with two of them.  Basically if I park my car anywhere but the very end of my driveway then within seconds of locking my car the two cameras (a std Arlo wirefree and an Arlo Pro) which cover the driveway both go offline.  The second I unlock my car they come back online.  The cameras are about 4 or 5 metres from the base station.  If I get the car anywhere nearer than about 3 metres to the cameras then they get effected.  Both cameras give a couple of bars on the signal indicator in the app and work fine when I'm away in the car.

I will probably try moving one of them to the other side of the drive so that they are a lot nearer the base station, it just won't give as good a view.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue ??

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Weird. Does the car have any 2.4GHz features, such as built-in WiFi? Why the cameras would stay offline until you unlock implies something is broadcasting which interferes with the base<>camera WiFi.

Adksi11892
Apprentice
Apprentice

Only thing I can think of Wi-fi wise is the dash cam but that's not controlled by the car locking/unlocking and it only cuts off the Arlo s when the car is actually locked.  So it seems to be something to do with maybe the car security/alarm ??  I could try disabling the Wi-fi on the dash cam though.