Arlo Wireless - thought I'd be able to use it as cctv

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Oscarsmoving
Follower
Follower

I purchased these cameras and the base station for my business. I need to be able to watch what's going on down in the warehouse during the day. Apparently these cameras won't just stay on for viewing, is that right? I have to hit the play button for the cam I want and then it shows me a live view for a certain amount of time and then stops. So it's not exactly what I wanted, unless there is a way to use it for constant real-time monitoring.

4 REPLIES 4
supaflyz
Guide
Guide

This is not a surveillance cam.  This is a security cam.  It sleeps for most of the time and only wakes up to record whenever there is motion.  You can't use these 24/7 because they run on batteries.  You can mod them to run on power, but that's really complicated and voids warranty.  You should only do that if you know what you are doing.  These work great for me.  They are wireless so I can mount them wherever I want.  The picture quality is also pretty good as well.  My mom recommended to some of her co-workers and they all went out and bought some. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras are powered and can do constant viewing. However, they're also much wider angle so cover a bigger scene. Depends on what you needs.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

J means Q camera....  He keeps missing the keyboard 😃

And, yes the Q cams are ac powered and more suited to what yr trying to do

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The mind's the second thing to go.  I forget the first...