Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless motion detecton

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AngRev
Follower
Follower

Bought the Arlo Wireless four camera bundle a couple of days ago and have installed only one so far and am familiarising myself with its workings.  I have it set to motion detect pointing at my driveway.  It worked great up until 9.12 pm last night and starting working again at 6.27 am with detection on our driveway but not on the footpath or road.  The reason I bought this camera was to protect our cars in the driveway overnight but with the nine hour gap overnight last night it really didn't help.  Can anybody tell me whether the nine hour overnight gap would be because the motion detection doesn't work in lower temperatures?? (Temp overnight probably got down to about 10C or so)  Or do I need to change a setting somewhere that I haven't discovered yet? Or could it be that my internet dropped out (and if so any ideas of how to find out whether that is the case) We live on a busy road, and during the day, the motion detection picks up cars driving up and down our road and people walking up and down the footpath.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Begs the question: are you sure there was movement? Were the cameras armed at that time period?