Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless- Won’t Update

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Mmtremblay75
Tutor
Tutor

3 cameras connected no issue. The 4th camera keeps saying update 1.3.314 firmaware however freezes and won’t update. Deleted camera several times, reset base station several times. Waited over night as well. Help?

5 REPLIES 5
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

Have you tired to put in a fresh set of batteries?  Have had issues below 40% of fimweare not wanting to update.  

Mmtremblay75
Tutor
Tutor

Yes twice now. Hoped again last night would do another autom update. Nope

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Mmtremblay75,

Have you tried to manually update the firmware after removing & re-inserting the batteries? You can check this by going to Devices > 3 Dots > Device Settings > Device Info > Firmware

Mmtremblay75
Tutor
Tutor
Yes multiple times. Sadly just times out
Jisom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there

If you have not figured out the solution to your problem, then this process that I am about to explain might help you.

I am setting up 5 cameras for the first time. Kept running into the same issue that you are having.

Hopefully this will help you.

When I initially set the system up I had done it using a computer. It said everything was up to date.

I started to use the mobile app and it said all the cameras needed to be updated.

For this procedure I used the mobile app instead of the computer.

It should also be noted that I used this steps on one camera at a time.

1: I removed the cameras as well as the base from my account

2: I added the base

3: I went through the procedures of adding a camera to the base. To the letter!!! 

4: After the camera was added, I went to the device list and then pressed the gear symbol to take me that          camera's settings.

5: Once there I turned the camera off.

6: I then went to the Device Info setting.

7: Once there I hit the firmware section where it said update and waited till the camera was fully updated.

8: Once the quick blue flashes on the camera was done, I turned it back on then named the device.

Once one camera was done I went to the next camera until all were finished and completely updated. 

I hope this process helps you out.