Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless Motion Detector Stops Working

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jeanene
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have been using an Arlo Wireless System with 3 cameras for over 6 months and it has worked resonable well until now.  The Motion Detection on all 3 cameras frequently stops working. To resolve, we need to reset the base station and re-add all the cameras torestore motion detection.  We have had to do this once or twice a day for the last couple weeks.  Any thoughts on how to permantly resolve?  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Paulajo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been having the same problems for the last week. They just come on here and blame it in the customer like we just randomly switch our settings. I don’t even reset them anymore are they just come back on. The outages usually start in the evening and go through until like noon the next day. They are messing with the platform or something and just not telling customers. I will be canceling my premier after this month. Total garbage produc.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jeanene and Paulajo,

If you're using custom modes, try to delete the custom mode and create a new one to see if that helps. And you could also read here to learn how to optimize motion detection: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

If you're still having problems, contact the support team so they can help you out further: Arlo Support

Jeanene
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reset everything to original settings and motion detection still stops working once or twice a day.  The system requires a hard reset and cameras need to be resynced every time this happens.  The system is not very useful without working and dependable motion detection.  May have to look for more dependable system.