Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless Cam Will Not Change Zoom Setting

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
GAP_Greenwood
Follower
Follower

Have 4 cams linked to base. One outside cam was set to zoom and worked well for 7 days. Then one day it showed near complete battery loss and complete loss of functionality. Was no more than 20 feet from indoor base with one brick wall between. 

Replaced full set of batteries. Cam only displays (in camera mode) the current zoom view. I cannot get the camera to save the new unzoomed view. In the pan and zoom window, the entire field of view is shown. But in the camera mode view it only displays the upper left field of view. That view will not change.

I have responded to the firmware upgrade request on that cam and updated. I have removed and reinstalled the camera from the base. And lastly have rebooted and restarted the base. 

Can anyone advise if the camera is not functioning properly or am I?  Thanks for reading!

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't forget that a brick wall may well have more than a brick wall to go through - wiring, ductwork, etc.  Generally, I'd think you're ok but obstructions can be part of any issues.

However, specifically for your issue, I'd swap cameras temporarily to see if the issue is the camera or the position.

Evanol
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue except I have no wall between the camera and base unit, I'm hoping someone can help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Give us details of what your exact issue is and what steps you've taken to try to fix it.  More info is better than less.

Evanol
Aspirant
Aspirant

I contacted Arlo support, they are sending me new batteries.I have only had my system for 2 days and one of the cameras froze up and the battery completely drained, changed batteries with another camera and it seems to be woring ok now, but too soon to tell.